The timer start feature is an optional feature in Compustar systems that will allow your vehicle to automatically remote start at set time intervals. You can set the vehicle to start in intervals of:
- 1.5 hours
- 3 hours
- 24 hours
- reservation set time- you are able to set a time with your 2-way LCD remote and the vehicle will start at this time. (must have 2-way LCD remote for this feature)
NOTE: This feature can only be programmed and set up by the installer or an authorized dealer. If it is not activated by an installer it will not function. When attempting to activate this feature from the remote you will receive a 'Fail' or 3 parking light flashes when this option is not activated.
Once the feature has been programmed by the installer you are able to activate it using your Compustar remote. Once the vehicle is started with the key the timer start will be reset to off. Therefore it must be manually activated with the remote every time after driving the vehicle if you would like it to be activated.
How to activate the timer start mode:
- Have the vehicle turned off and the doors closed.
- Tap the unlock and the key buttons (II & IV) at the same time. (do not hold) to turn on the timer start mode.
How to set the reservation start time:
- With a 2-way LCD remote press and hold unlock and turnk (II & III) together for 2.5 seconds to enter the remote programming menu.
- Scroll through the options with the start key or button IV, until you find the timer start set, represented by the following symbol:
- Select the time you want the vehicle to remote start at by changing the hour with lock and minutes with unlock.
- Press and hold unlock and turnk (II & III) together for 2.5 seconds to exit the remote programming menu.
- Tap the unlock and the trunk buttons (II & III) at the same time. (do not hold) to turn on the time start mode.
NOTE: Entering the remote programming menu to change the time may take a different process with some remotes.
How to deactivate the timer start mode:
- Press and hold the unlock and the trunk buttons (II & III) at the same time. (press and hold for 2.5 seconds)
- Tap the unlock and the trunk buttons (II & III) at the same time. (do not hold)
- ALSO- Once the vehicle is started with the key the timer start mode will be automatically cancelled.