ArticStart monitors your vehicle’s engine to validate remote start activity. In the event your engine cannot be detected, the remote start operation will be cancelled after (3) three unsuccessful attempts. If you have an LCD remote, the following errors could appear on your screen - error 1, error 8, or error 08. To solve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Start your vehicle’s engine using the key or push-to-start button.
- Press and hold the foot brake down.
- While keeping your foot on the brake, press the KEY button on your remote control. Your parking lights will flash once.
- Turn off your vehicle’s engine and remove the key from the ignition.
- Retry remote starting your vehicle using your ArticStart remote.
If you continue to experience failed remote start attempts, please contact your original installer or an authorized dealer. To locate one, please click on the link below: